Anyone who has read Scott McLeod’s blog knows that he is not afraid to challenge the status quo. A few weeks ago, he challenged his readers to join in answering: The response has been inspiring. So, I’m happy to join in with my 5 below.
When it comes to education, we have to stop pretending…
- that we can talk about “21st century classrooms” as though they are something of the future
- that technology is a supplement and not a necessity
- that it’s more effective to ban social media in schools than to embrace it as a tool for learning
- that today’s students want to be taught in the same way we were taught
- that all digital natives are digitally literate
You can join in by posting 5 things on your blog and sharing it using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag. You can share the URL of your post in the comments on Dangerously Irrelevant. Check out the running list here. You are also welcome to share in the comments below.