Featured EdWords Blogs
Experts and advocates recommend at least 1 to 2 hours a day of physical activity for children. But how do you fit it into your daily program, when there’s
so much else for you to do? And what kind of physical activity should it be? Tune in; our experts have the answers.
- Active Play: Fun Physical Activities for Young Children by Diane Craft & Craig Smith http://www.activeplaybooks.com/books_and_media/
- Physical Education for Young Children: Movement ABCs for the Little Ones by Rae Pica: http://www.amazon.com/Physical-Education-Young-Children-Movemnt/dp/0736071490/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317316025&sr=1-1
- Great Games for Young Children: Over 100 Games to Develop Self-Confidence, Problem-Solving Skills, & Cooperation by Rae Pica: http://www.amazon.com/Great-Games-Young-Children-Self-Confidence/dp/0876590067/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317495011&sr=1-1
To Learn More
- For information and resources related to developmentally appropriate fitness for young children, go to the website of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education: www.naspeinfo.org.
- For information and resources related to Let’s Move!: http://www.letsmove.gov/
Tag is a great game for promoting physical fitness – but not if it involves elimination! A simple modification to an old game keeps all of the children participating and active.
How to Play: Choose one child to be “It.” Everybody tagged also becomes It. The result is a cluster of children that keeps growing until there’s just one big “blob” running around together. The last person tagged is the first person to be It in the next round.
Another Way to Play: For a more challenging version, have tagged players hold hands with It and all others tagged.
You can hear more activity suggestions in the segment! Click here to listen!
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media