Featured EdWords Blogs
Our seven attributes of Emotional Intelligence represent all the challenges for Kindness Week. Imagine us practicing this 52 weeks a year! What a different community, country and world we would have.
The Seven Attributes of Emotional Intelligence and This Week’s Challenges
- Empathy (Compliment 5 People)
- Self-Confidence and Motivation (Tell a Joke and make someone laugh)
- Delay Gratification/ Put someone else’s needs before your own (Step up for someone in need)
- Manage Our Emotions/ Self-Soothe (Be kind to yourself and eat a healthy snack)
- Be Accountable/ Be able to clear the mind with honesty (Help someone up if they fall down especially if you were responsible.)
- Sustain hope, dreams and goals through friendship (Invite a new friend to play/hang out with you.
- Persist in the Face of Frustration through Appreciation and Gratitude (Slip a nice note in your friend’s backpack.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kindness Week and Emotional Intelligence
- Let This Be an Emotionally Intelligent Year For You and Your Children!
- What Do You Tell Your Children Now That The Election Is Over?
- Sad Day for Decent People and Children Everywhere
- Back to School Anxieties Part II: How To Help Children Manage Them With 4 Easy Fun Exercises
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media