3 Reasons to Get Involved in the Meningitis Initiative
Eleanor Garrow-Majka and Sally Schoessler RN, BSN, MSEd with host Amy Garcia
NASN’s Meningitis awareness campaign is all about bringing together various voices — school nurses, parents, and survivors of the disease. The goal is to share personal experiences to help families understand the threat to tweens and teens and the importance of vaccination.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.8K 0
May 8, 2009 School Nurses Radio
Shara Ludlum nearly lost her son Tyler when he contracted meningitis as a preteen in June 2008. Within hours of his first symptoms, Tyler was in critical condition. Cheryl Sampson has been a registered nurse for 33 years,and serves as the lead nurse for the district. She joined the Voices of Meningitis campaign this year and is a Challenge Champion for the Western region.
More from Donna Mazyck
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media