3 Ways Monsters and Minecraft Can Drive Great Teaching and Learning
Vicki Davis withJoel Levin
Our guest shares with us how Minecraft, monsters and screencasting can be used as a powerful tool for nurturing 21st century skills.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.6K 0
July 1, 2015 Every Classroom Matters
Joel Levin was a mild-mannered computer teacher in New York City until he began using Minecraft in his classroom. He quickly realized that he had unlocked one of the most versatile and engaging educational tools since the pencil. He formed TeacherGaming in 2011 to make MinecraftEdu, a custom remix of the original Minecraft designed for classroom use. He has been teaching for 10 years, but has been playing games since the Pong era.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media