3 Ways Monsters and Minecraft Can Drive Great Teaching and Learning
Vicki Davis withJoel Levin
Our guest shares with us how Minecraft, monsters and screencasting can be used as a powerful tool for nurturing 21st century skills.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.6K 0
July 1, 2015 Every Classroom Matters
Joel Levin was a mild-mannered computer teacher in New York City until he began using Minecraft in his classroom. He quickly realized that he had unlocked one of the most versatile and engaging educational tools since the pencil. He formed TeacherGaming in 2011 to make MinecraftEdu, a custom remix of the original Minecraft designed for classroom use. He has been teaching for 10 years, but has been playing games since the Pong era.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media