4 Things Required to Have the Most Impact on Students
Brenda Mendoza with Maureen Connolly and Vicky Giouroukakis
Join us as we talk about the seven capacities of the literate individual and how teachers can help all students develop these new competencies.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 15.7K 1
June 24, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Maureen Connolly and Vicky Giouroukakis are authors of the ASCD book, Achieving Next Generation Literacy: Using the Tests (You Think) You Hate to Help the Students You Love . Connolly teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in secondary education at The College of New Jersey and Giouroukakis is a professor in the Division of Education at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York. Host Brenda Mendoza is a K-12 ELL Specialist in Illinois’ West Aurora School District 129 and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media