4 Things Required to Have the Most Impact on Students
Brenda Mendoza with Maureen Connolly and Vicky Giouroukakis
Join us as we talk about the seven capacities of the literate individual and how teachers can help all students develop these new competencies.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 15.7K 0
June 24, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Maureen Connolly and Vicky Giouroukakis are authors of the ASCD book, Achieving Next Generation Literacy: Using the Tests (You Think) You Hate to Help the Students You Love . Connolly teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in secondary education at The College of New Jersey and Giouroukakis is a professor in the Division of Education at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York. Host Brenda Mendoza is a K-12 ELL Specialist in Illinois’ West Aurora School District 129 and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media