A Real-World Guide for Your Journey to Teacher Leadership
Rachael George with Katherine Bassett, Rebecca Mieliwocki, Joseph Fatheree
|Making the move from the classroom into teacher leadership requires a different mindset and a new set of skills. Our guests provide a practical guide for taking the leap into leadership.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 799 0
March 19, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Katherine Bassett is an education innovator and advocate who spent 26 years in the classroom as a middle school librarian and is New Jersey’s 2000 State Teacher of the Year. She is currently the CEO of Tall Poppy. Rebecca Mieliwocki has been an English teacher for more than 20 years. She is currently a teacher on special assignment with the Burbank Unified School District, where she coordinates secondary professional development and new teacher induction and oversees secondary-level instructional leadership teams. Joseph Fatheree is an award-winning author, educator, and filmmaker. He has received numerous educational accolades, including being named one of the Top 10 Teachers in the World in 2016 by the Varkey Foundation. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media