Active Learning: Improving Learning by Moving
Rae Pica withDr. Aili Pogust, David Sladkey, Jessica Lahey
The research is clear: moving enhances learning. Why then is the sit-still-and-learnmodel so pervasive? In this segment we explore that question.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
January 6, 2015 Educators Channel
Dr. Aili Pogust is a literacy trainer, coach, and consultant. Based on her study of educational kinesiology, she adds physical movement into the learning process for children and teachers during her work in schools. David Sladkey is a high school math teacher in Naperville, IL. He is the author of the book Energizing Brain Breaks and Engaging Teaching Tools. Jessica Lahey is a former teacher & author of the article, Why Parents Need to Let Children Fail.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media