Active Learning: Improving Learning by Moving
Rae Pica withDr. Aili Pogust, David Sladkey, Jessica Lahey
The research is clear: moving enhances learning. Why then is the sit-still-and-learnmodel so pervasive? In this segment we explore that question.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
January 6, 2015 Educators Channel
Dr. Aili Pogust is a literacy trainer, coach, and consultant. Based on her study of educational kinesiology, she adds physical movement into the learning process for children and teachers during her work in schools. David Sladkey is a high school math teacher in Naperville, IL. He is the author of the book Energizing Brain Breaks and Engaging Teaching Tools. Jessica Lahey is a former teacher & author of the article, Why Parents Need to Let Children Fail.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media