ADHD:Medical Problem, Discipline Problem or Teaching Problem?
Room for Debate:
ADHD: Medical Problem? Parenting Problem? Teaching Problem?
Rae Pica with Dr. Andrew Adesman and Dr. Peter Breggin
Is it possible that ADHD is really the result of poor parenting or misguided teaching? Is ADHD even a legitimate diagnosis, or have we simply “medicalized” what is typical child behavior under specific conditions? The issue is far from settled. Our two guests share very different views and both make a compelling case. Listen, get the facts and decide for yourself.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media