ADHD:Medical Problem, Discipline Problem or Teaching Problem?
Room for Debate:
ADHD: Medical Problem? Parenting Problem? Teaching Problem?
Rae Pica with Dr. Andrew Adesman and Dr. Peter Breggin
Is it possible that ADHD is really the result of poor parenting or misguided teaching? Is ADHD even a legitimate diagnosis, or have we simply “medicalized” what is typical child behavior under specific conditions? The issue is far from settled. Our two guests share very different views and both make a compelling case. Listen, get the facts and decide for yourself.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media