Advocating for Children with Learning Disabilities
Sharon Plante withLyn Pollard
Our guest has children with learning disabilities, which led to her interest in advocacy. She is now a professional advocate who shares with parents how to organize and find support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
August 29, 2015 Special Education
Lyn Pollard is the parent advocacy manager for the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD). She works with the NCLD’s Policy and Advocacy team and with the Understood.org team to connect parents to resources and education about raising children with learning and attention issues. Pollard’s writing about her own journey as a parent advocate has appeared on Parents.com, Parenting.com and other outlets.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media