Advocating for Children with Learning Disabilities
Sharon Plante withLyn Pollard
Our guest has children with learning disabilities, which led to her interest in advocacy. She is now a professional advocate who shares with parents how to organize and find support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
August 29, 2015 Special Education
Lyn Pollard is the parent advocacy manager for the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD). She works with the NCLD’s Policy and Advocacy team and with the Understood.org team to connect parents to resources and education about raising children with learning and attention issues. Pollard’s writing about her own journey as a parent advocate has appeared on Parents.com, Parenting.com and other outlets.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media