Advocating for Children with Learning Disabilities
Sharon Plante withLyn Pollard
Our guest has children with learning disabilities, which led to her interest in advocacy. She is now a professional advocate who shares with parents how to organize and find support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
August 29, 2015 Special Education
Lyn Pollard is the parent advocacy manager for the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD). She works with the NCLD’s Policy and Advocacy team and with the Understood.org team to connect parents to resources and education about raising children with learning and attention issues. Pollard’s writing about her own journey as a parent advocate has appeared on Parents.com, Parenting.com and other outlets.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media