Advocating for Children with Learning Disabilities
Sharon Plante withLyn Pollard
Our guest has children with learning disabilities, which led to her interest in advocacy. She is now a professional advocate who shares with parents how to organize and find support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.1K 0
August 29, 2015 Special Education
Lyn Pollard is the parent advocacy manager for the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD). She works with the NCLD’s Policy and Advocacy team and with the Understood.org team to connect parents to resources and education about raising children with learning and attention issues. Pollard’s writing about her own journey as a parent advocate has appeared on Parents.com, Parenting.com and other outlets.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media