Can Educators of One Ethnicity Adequately Teach Students of Another Ethnicity?
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair,Erica Speaks
Highlights from an eye-opening discussion on race and ethnicity in teachingfrom the weekly #edchat on Twitter.
EdChat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.6K 0
September 3, 2014 EdChat Radio
Erica Speaks has an MA in Teaching and is National Board Certified. She has been a middle school educator since 2000. She currently teaches language arts at a multi-track year-round public middle school in North Carolina and writes a blog titled Teaching Speaks Volumes. Nancy Blair has returned to public education as a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant with the High Schools That Work and Making Middle Grades Work initiatives of the Southern Regional Education Board. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media