Can Educators of One Ethnicity Adequately Teach Students of Another Ethnicity?
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair,Erica Speaks
Highlights from an eye-opening discussion on race and ethnicity in teachingfrom the weekly #edchat on Twitter.
EdChat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.6K 0
September 3, 2014 EdChat Radio
Erica Speaks has an MA in Teaching and is National Board Certified. She has been a middle school educator since 2000. She currently teaches language arts at a multi-track year-round public middle school in North Carolina and writes a blog titled Teaching Speaks Volumes. Nancy Blair has returned to public education as a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant with the High Schools That Work and Making Middle Grades Work initiatives of the Southern Regional Education Board. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from Tom Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media