Are We Asking Too Much of School Principals?
|Accountability without authority, excessively long work days, and increased demands to reach academic outcome goals is leading to burnout and early retirement among school principals. Dr. Gerald Tirrozi, the Executive Director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals shares his insights on causes and possible solutions.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 815 0
May 13, 2009 Heart 2 Heart Conversations on Leadership
Dr. Gerald N. Tirozzi is the Executive Director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the preeminent organization and the national voice for middle level and high school principals. Dr. Tirozzi is a nationally recognized leader in education reform, having spent over 45 years working to improve teaching and learning for all students.
More from Holly Elissa Bruno
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media