Are We Asking Too Much of School Principals?
|Accountability without authority, excessively long work days, and increased demands to reach academic outcome goals is leading to burnout and early retirement among school principals. Dr. Gerald Tirrozi, the Executive Director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals shares his insights on causes and possible solutions.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 815 0
May 13, 2009 Heart 2 Heart Conversations on Leadership
Dr. Gerald N. Tirozzi is the Executive Director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the preeminent organization and the national voice for middle level and high school principals. Dr. Tirozzi is a nationally recognized leader in education reform, having spent over 45 years working to improve teaching and learning for all students.
More from Holly Elissa Bruno
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media