Are We Moving from Common Standards to a Common Curriculum?
Rae Pica with David Sherman, Tom Vander Ark, Justin Snider
|There has been some buzz around the topic of creating a national common core curriculum. The notion has engendered quite a bit of push back, raising fears of loss of local control. We invited two education advocates and a practicing teacher join us to explore the implications.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 8, 2009 Common Core
David Sherman is a spokesperson for the American Federation of Teachers. Tom Vander Ark is a partner in Vander Ark/Ratcliff, an education public affairs firm, and a partner in a private equity fund focused on innovative learning tools and formats. He was the first Executive Director for Education at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Justin Snider is a contributing editor at The Hechinger Report and is completing his doctorate in Politics and Education at Columbia University.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media