Are We Moving from Common Standards to a Common Curriculum?
Rae Pica with David Sherman, Tom Vander Ark, Justin Snider
|There has been some buzz around the topic of creating a national common core curriculum. The notion has engendered quite a bit of push back, raising fears of loss of local control. We invited two education advocates and a practicing teacher join us to explore the implications.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 8, 2009 Common Core
David Sherman is a spokesperson for the American Federation of Teachers. Tom Vander Ark is a partner in Vander Ark/Ratcliff, an education public affairs firm, and a partner in a private equity fund focused on innovative learning tools and formats. He was the first Executive Director for Education at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Justin Snider is a contributing editor at The Hechinger Report and is completing his doctorate in Politics and Education at Columbia University.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media