Avoiding the Mistakes of Discussing Race in the Classroom
Larry Ferlazzo with Marian Dingle
Discussing race in the classroom poses an array of risks and potential pitfalls. Join us as we look at the common mistakes that derail these conversations and how to avoid them.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
September 22, 2018 Classroom Q and A
Marian Dingle, a twenty-year educator teaching in Atlanta, Georgia, is pursuing action research on racial identity in mathematics as a Heinemann Fellow. She is a wife and mother of two children in college.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media