Avoiding the Mistakes of Discussing Race in the Classroom
Larry Ferlazzo with Marian Dingle
Discussing race in the classroom poses an array of risks and potential pitfalls. Join us as we look at the common mistakes that derail these conversations and how to avoid them.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
September 22, 2018 Classroom Q & A
Marian Dingle, a twenty-year educator teaching in Atlanta, Georgia, is pursuing action research on racial identity in mathematics as a Heinemann Fellow. She is a wife and mother of two children in college.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media