Balancing Learning and Fun: How to Create Riveting Lesson Plans
Vicki Davis withLee Sheldon
Our guest is a gamemaster turned teacher, who uses the principle of good game design to create riveting lesson plans.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 1
February 19, 2016 Every Classroom Matters
Lee Sheldon is a professional game writer and designer currently working on his 40th game. He recently joined the Interactive Media and Game Development (IMGD) program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Previously he was an Associate Professor in the Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He wrote the bestselling book The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game. Before his career in games, Lee was a television writer-producer--from Charlie’s Angels to Star Trek: The Next Generation.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media