Balancing Learning and Fun: How to Create Riveting Lesson Plans
Vicki Davis withLee Sheldon
Our guest is a gamemaster turned teacher, who uses the principle of good game design to create riveting lesson plans.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
February 19, 2016 Every Classroom Matters
Lee Sheldon is a professional game writer and designer currently working on his 40th game. He recently joined the Interactive Media and Game Development (IMGD) program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Previously he was an Associate Professor in the Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He wrote the bestselling book The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game. Before his career in games, Lee was a television writer-producer--from Charlie’s Angels to Star Trek: The Next Generation.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media