Bringing Subjects to Life with Project-Based Learning
Gary Abud, Steve Perkins with Dr. Bernard Barcio
In this segment we put a spotlight on an epic, multi-year project-based initiative and the skills and lessons students learned in the process.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.4K 0
September 7, 2016 Teachers of The Year Radio
Dr. Bernard Barcio taught Classical Studies at the high school and university level for 44 years. His efforts to bring the Classics to life included developing and presenting two different Ancient Roman Personae, sponsoring the National Catapult Contest, and founding Pompeiiana, Inc. as a National Center for the Promotion Classical Studies.
More from Steve Perkins
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media