Can Kindergarten Standards Be Implemented in a Developmentally Appropriate Way?
Rae Pica with Randi Weingarten, Edward Miller, Lisa Guernsey
Do common core standards for kindergarten mean standardized testing for very young children? If not, how will the standards be measured? There are many questions around how this program will ultimately be implemented. In this segment our guests zoom in on the challenges, potential pitfalls, and possible ways to employ kindergarten standards in a developmentally appropriate way.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media