Can Teacher Professional Development Be Gamified?
Matt Farber with Lucas Gillispie
Most agree that we need to reimagine the way teacher professional development is done, but is gamification the answer?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.7K 0
October 30, 2015 Game Based Learning
Lucas Gillispie is an Instructional Technologist for Pender County Schools in North Carolina. He is the founder of the WoWinSchool Project, a program designed to explore the educational potential of online games like World of Warcraft with middle schoolers and leads one of the largest school-based Minecraft implementations in the world. Lucas is an internationally recognized speaker, and shares his experiences and resources on his blog: https://www.edurealms.com.
More from M. Farber
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media