Carving Out Time for Genius Hour on the Way to Common Core
Tom Whitby and Nancy Blair, Angela Maiers
Highlights and commentary from the 5/21/13 #Edchat on the Genius Hour and the challenge of balancing student-directed learning with the mandates of the common core curriculum.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.4K 0
June 4, 2013 Common Core
Angela Maiers, educator, author and consultant, has spent the past 22 years working to help learners of all ages succeed by recognizing their power as readers, writers, and global communicators. Her cause is called You Matter @angelamaiers. Nancy Blair is a school improvement consultant who frequently worked with the High Schools That Work. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat and NYSCATE Network.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media