Children Playing with Toy Guns and Imaginary Assault Weapons in School. Problem?
Rae Pica with Nancy Carlsson-Paige, Jane Katch, Peter DeWitt, Deborah J. Stewart
Is playing cops and robbers dead? In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, school teachers and administrators are showing heightened concerns about violence of all sorts. But is imaginary gun play among young kids really a threat? Some schools are responding with new zero-tolerance policies on violent play. Should toy guns and gun play really be banned in schools?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media