Children Playing with Toy Guns and Imaginary Assault Weapons in School. Problem?
Rae Pica with Nancy Carlsson-Paige, Jane Katch, Peter DeWitt, Deborah J. Stewart
Is playing cops and robbers dead? In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, school teachers and administrators are showing heightened concerns about violence of all sorts. But is imaginary gun play among young kids really a threat? Some schools are responding with new zero-tolerance policies on violent play. Should toy guns and gun play really be banned in schools?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media