Cooties: Is school Exclusion Necessary? Appropriate? Legal?
Deborah Altschuler and Dr. Ronald Hansen M.D. with host Rae Pica
If it’s September it’s time for parents and teachers to watch for head lice.
Dr. Hansen says that in many schools, an infected child is told “you are out of school until you get fixed and get all of those cooties and nits out of your head.” But there are strong voices that say this is neither necessary, appropriate or legal and other equally strong voices who disagree. Listen to both sides, then tell us what you think.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- TherapyBy Tim RamseyJuly 5, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media