Cooties: Is school Exclusion Necessary? Appropriate? Legal?
Deborah Altschuler and Dr. Ronald Hansen M.D. with host Rae Pica
If it’s September it’s time for parents and teachers to watch for head lice.
Dr. Hansen says that in many schools, an infected child is told “you are out of school until you get fixed and get all of those cooties and nits out of your head.” But there are strong voices that say this is neither necessary, appropriate or legal and other equally strong voices who disagree. Listen to both sides, then tell us what you think.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- UrgentBy Tim RamseyApril 6, 2020
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media