Cooties: Is school Exclusion Necessary? Appropriate? Legal?
Deborah Altschuler and Dr. Ronald Hansen M.D. with host Rae Pica
If it’s September it’s time for parents and teachers to watch for head lice.
Dr. Hansen says that in many schools, an infected child is told “you are out of school until you get fixed and get all of those cooties and nits out of your head.” But there are strong voices that say this is neither necessary, appropriate or legal and other equally strong voices who disagree. Listen to both sides, then tell us what you think.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media