Cooties: Is school Exclusion Necessary? Appropriate? Legal?
Deborah Altschuler and Dr. Ronald Hansen M.D. with host Rae Pica
If it’s September it’s time for parents and teachers to watch for head lice.
Dr. Hansen says that in many schools, an infected child is told “you are out of school until you get fixed and get all of those cooties and nits out of your head.” But there are strong voices that say this is neither necessary, appropriate or legal and other equally strong voices who disagree. Listen to both sides, then tell us what you think.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media