Creating Praise Junkies: Are You Giving Children Too Much “Positive Reinforcement?”
Rae Pica with Ellen Ava Sigler, Ed.D., Margaret Berry Wilson, Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
“Great job!” “That was very good!” Teachers and parents use phrases like these every day to give positive reinforcement to children. But are we creating praise-addicted children by giving them too much unwarranted, rote, and excessive praise? Turns out that positive reinforcement can be negative. In this segment our guests give us the basics on how to get it right.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media