Creating Praise Junkies: Are You Giving Children Too Much “Positive Reinforcement?”
Rae Pica with Ellen Ava Sigler, Ed.D., Margaret Berry Wilson, Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
“Great job!” “That was very good!” Teachers and parents use phrases like these every day to give positive reinforcement to children. But are we creating praise-addicted children by giving them too much unwarranted, rote, and excessive praise? Turns out that positive reinforcement can be negative. In this segment our guests give us the basics on how to get it right.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media