Creating Praise Junkies: Are You Giving Children Too Much “Positive Reinforcement?”
Rae Pica with Ellen Ava Sigler, Ed.D., Margaret Berry Wilson, Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
“Great job!” “That was very good!” Teachers and parents use phrases like these every day to give positive reinforcement to children. But are we creating praise-addicted children by giving them too much unwarranted, rote, and excessive praise? Turns out that positive reinforcement can be negative. In this segment our guests give us the basics on how to get it right.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media