Creating Praise Junkies: Are You Giving Children Too Much “Positive Reinforcement?”
Rae Pica with Ellen Ava Sigler, Ed.D., Margaret Berry Wilson, Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
“Great job!” “That was very good!” Teachers and parents use phrases like these every day to give positive reinforcement to children. But are we creating praise-addicted children by giving them too much unwarranted, rote, and excessive praise? Turns out that positive reinforcement can be negative. In this segment our guests give us the basics on how to get it right.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media