Creating Praise Junkies: Are You Giving Children Too Much “Positive Reinforcement?”
Rae Pica with Ellen Ava Sigler, Ed.D., Margaret Berry Wilson, Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.
“Great job!” “That was very good!” Teachers and parents use phrases like these every day to give positive reinforcement to children. But are we creating praise-addicted children by giving them too much unwarranted, rote, and excessive praise? Turns out that positive reinforcement can be negative. In this segment our guests give us the basics on how to get it right.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media