Cultivating Effective Habits of Mind in Young Children
Abbie Eklund with Bena Kallik and Art Costa
|In this episode, we explore the language and behaviors that help young children cultivate the habits of mind that lead to appropriate social and intellectual development.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 397 0
May 4, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bena Kallick and Art Costa are co-authors of "Nurturing Habits of Mind in Early Childhood." They are co-directors, Institute for Habits of Mind, a private consultant providing services to school districts, state departments of education, professional organizations, and public agencies throughout the US and internationally. Art Costa is professor emeritus of education at California State University. Abbie Eklund, principal of Lincoln Elementary School, 2016 ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media