Cultivating Effective Habits of Mind in Young Children
Abbie Eklund with Bena Kallik and Art Costa
|In this episode, we explore the language and behaviors that help young children cultivate the habits of mind that lead to appropriate social and intellectual development.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 396 0
May 4, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Bena Kallick and Art Costa are co-authors of "Nurturing Habits of Mind in Early Childhood." They are co-directors, Institute for Habits of Mind, a private consultant providing services to school districts, state departments of education, professional organizations, and public agencies throughout the US and internationally. Art Costa is professor emeritus of education at California State University. Abbie Eklund, principal of Lincoln Elementary School, 2016 ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
- Share! What Does It Really Mean?By Gail MultopJune 21, 2019
- Risky Play for Young Children? Apparently There’s More Risk Without It!By Debra PierceJune 13, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media