Encouraging High Level Mathematical Discussion Among Students
Steven Weber, Darren Burris, with Farida Mama
Our guest has moved away from teaching rote mathematical processesand toward high-leveldiscussion. In the segment, she shares her process.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Eric Luedtke @EricLuedtke
Share 1.7K 0
September 2, 2015 Common Core
Farida Mama is the founding 5th grade math teacher at UP Academy Dorchester. She is entering her 5th year of teaching and loves challenging her students with engaging, rigorous math lessons.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media