Demystifying Formative Assessment and Grading
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair,Mark Weston
If formative assessment is about calibrating both teaching and learning, should formative assessment be graded?
EdChat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.9K 0
October 28, 2014 Comprehensive Assessment
Mark Weston Ph.D. has worked at all levels of the educational system â€” classroom, school, congress, US Dept of education, technology companies, and universities. He’s currently an Associate Dean at Georgia Tech. Nancy Blair has returned to public education as a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant with the High Schools That Work and Making Middle Grades Work initiatives of the Southern Regional Education Board. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media