Demystifying Formative Assessment and Grading
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair,Mark Weston
If formative assessment is about calibrating both teaching and learning, should formative assessment be graded?
EdChat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
October 28, 2014 EdChat Radio
Mark Weston Ph.D. has worked at all levels of the educational system â€” classroom, school, congress, US Dept of education, technology companies, and universities. He’s currently an Associate Dean at Georgia Tech. Nancy Blair has returned to public education as a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant with the High Schools That Work and Making Middle Grades Work initiatives of the Southern Regional Education Board. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from Tom Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media