Demystifying Formative Assessment and Grading
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair,Mark Weston
If formative assessment is about calibrating both teaching and learning, should formative assessment be graded?
EdChat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
October 28, 2014 EdChat Radio
Mark Weston Ph.D. has worked at all levels of the educational system â€” classroom, school, congress, US Dept of education, technology companies, and universities. He’s currently an Associate Dean at Georgia Tech. Nancy Blair has returned to public education as a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant with the High Schools That Work and Making Middle Grades Work initiatives of the Southern Regional Education Board. Tom Whitby is contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media