Demystifying the Relationship Between SEL, Race, and Equity
Larry Ferlazzo withDeEtta Jones, Mai Xi Lee, Carla Tantillo Philibert, Peggy Collings
Why we need strategies for expanding SEL training to address issues of race and equity.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.8K 0
October 23, 2017 Classroom Q & A
DeEtta Jones is the founder and principal of DeEtta Jones and Associates, a Chicago-based consulting firm that specializes in leveraging culture to enhance individual and organizational performance. Mai Xi Lee is the Director of Social Emotional Learning for Sacramento City Unified School District. Ms. Lee has been an educator for over 20 years. Carla Tantillo Philibert is the founder of Mindful Practices Yoga and author of Everyday SEL & Mindfulness. Peggy Collings taught middle grades for 12 years before joining the Mindful Practices team in 2015. Now, she writes blogs, books, grants and curricula to help teachers and students reach their Social Emotional Learning potential.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media