Demystifying the Relationship Between SEL, Race, and Equity
Larry Ferlazzo withDeEtta Jones, Mai Xi Lee, Carla Tantillo Philibert, Peggy Collings
Why we need strategies for expanding SEL training to address issues of race and equity.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.8K 0
October 23, 2017 Classroom Q & A
DeEtta Jones is the founder and principal of DeEtta Jones and Associates, a Chicago-based consulting firm that specializes in leveraging culture to enhance individual and organizational performance. Mai Xi Lee is the Director of Social Emotional Learning for Sacramento City Unified School District. Ms. Lee has been an educator for over 20 years. Carla Tantillo Philibert is the founder of Mindful Practices Yoga and author of Everyday SEL & Mindfulness. Peggy Collings taught middle grades for 12 years before joining the Mindful Practices team in 2015. Now, she writes blogs, books, grants and curricula to help teachers and students reach their Social Emotional Learning potential.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media