Should We Tell Students to Stand Up or Stand Down?
|The events in Charlottesville demonstrated that democracy is dangerous in practice. This is why the University of Virginia administrators encouraged its students to stay away from the protests. Is this the message we want to send to the next generation?|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.6K 0
August 19, 2017 TrumpED
Patrick Riccards is chief communications and strategy officer for the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation. He is also the author of the nationally recognized Eduflack blog and its companion Twitter feed. PR News named Pat the Not-for-Profit Communications Professional of the Year for his work in teacher preparation and higher education transformation (2015). A former local school board chairman, Patrick is also the author of the award-winning Dadprovement.
More from Patrick Riccards
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media