Does Conventional Grading Support Authentic Learning?
Tom Whitby, Starr Sackstein, and Shawn Thomas
|Join us as we take another look at the connection between grading and learning.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 258 1
May 13, 2019 EdChat Radio
Shawn Thomas is in her 20th year of teaching in the largest county in Georgia. She has taught Kindergarten, Second and Third Grade, and ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) K-5. Starr Sackstein (NBCT) is a certified Master Journalism Educator through the Journalism Education Association (JEA). She serves at the New York State Director to JEA. She is the author of several books, including Teaching Mythology Exposed: Helping Teachers Create Visionary Classroom Perspective. Tom Whitby is former contributing Editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators, and NYSCATE Network.
More from Tom Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media