Does Your Child Need Statins?
John Abramson MD with host Rae Pica
|The American Academy of Pediatrics has suggested that children as young as 8, who may be at risk for heart disease should be put on the Statins a cholesterol managment drug. Can statins save your child’s life? Are drugs the best solution? Dr. Abramson provides some much need perspective.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
May 2, 2009 Parents Channel
Dr. John Abramson worked as a family doctor for 20 years in Hamilton, Massachusetts and is currently on the clinical faculty at Harvard Medical School, where he teaches primary care. He is the author of the Overdosed America: The Broken Promise of American Medicine and also lectures about the crisis in American health care.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media