Double Dipping: Using Writing to Support Reading and Reading to Support Writing
Larry Ferlazzo with Mary Beth Niklaus, Tony Zani and Mary Tedrow
Writing and reading are interconnected. In this episode, we explore teaching strategies that mutually support reading and writing instruction.
Share 132 0
December 10, 2019 Classroom Q & A
Mary K. Tedrow, an award-winning high school English teacher, now serves as the Director of the Shenandoah Valley Writing Project. Her book, Write, Think, Learn: Tapping the Power of Daily Student Writing Across the Content Area is available through Routledge. Tony Zani is a literacy coach in the Salt Lake City School District. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and a Master’s Degree in Instructional Leadership. Tony is a National Board Certified Teacher with a specialization in Early Childhood Education. Mary Beth Nicklaus is a language arts teacher and reading specialist for Wisconsin Rapids Area Middle School in Wisconsin.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media