Dress Codes: Teachers, Tattoos, Piercings, and Provocative Dress: Fashion Anarchy vs. Fashion Fascism?
Rae Pica with Eve Michaels, Beth Winfrey Freeburg, David Bloomfield, Amanda Dykes
|A new generation of young teachers, combined with more casual trends in dress, has raised some prickly questions about what is appropriate attire for teachers. Teachers with tattoos, piercings, and provocative clothing are acceptable to some and strictly off-limits to others. In this segment our guests tackle the issue in what became a surprisingly spirited discussion.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.2K 0
January 3, 2013 Teachers' Aid
Eve Michaels, author of Dress Code: Ending Fashion Anarchy, believes that Americans suffer from a pandemic of fashion anarchy. Beth Winfrey Freeburg, Ph.D., is a professor and chair in the Department of Workforce Education and Development at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. David Bloomfield is a professor of Education Leadership, Law, and Policy at Brooklyn College and the City University. Amanda Dykes, M.Ed., is a sixth-grade teacher who is passionate about technology integration.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media