Dual Immersion: What It Is, What It Is Not
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. Conor P. Williams,Elizabeth B. Beltran and Barbara Gottschalk
Join us as we dispel the myths and misunderstandings around the instructional strategy we call dual immersion.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.1K 0
January 27, 2018 Classroom Q & A
Dr. Conor P. Williams is a senior researcher in New America’s Education Policy Program. He founded New America’s Dual Language Learners National Work Group. His writing has appeared in The Washington Post, The Atlantic, The New Republic, The Daily Beast, and elsewhere. Barbara Gottschalk is a language acquisition teacher at Susick Elementary in Warren Consolidated Schools, a public school district in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. She wrote, Get Money for Your Classroom: Easy Grant Writing Ideas that Work. Elizabeth B. Beltran, M.A. is a Member of the Instructional Leadership Corps; UCR Extension Instructor (CLAD and BILA Courses); Banning Unified School District TOSA for EL and DI Programs.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media