Dual Immersion: What It Is, What It Is Not
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. Conor P. Williams,Elizabeth B. Beltran and Barbara Gottschalk
Join us as we dispel the myths and misunderstandings around the instructional strategy we call dual immersion.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.1K 0
January 27, 2018 Classroom Q and A
Dr. Conor P. Williams is a senior researcher in New America’s Education Policy Program. He founded New America’s Dual Language Learners National Work Group. His writing has appeared in The Washington Post, The Atlantic, The New Republic, The Daily Beast, and elsewhere. Barbara Gottschalk is a language acquisition teacher at Susick Elementary in Warren Consolidated Schools, a public school district in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. She wrote, Get Money for Your Classroom: Easy Grant Writing Ideas that Work. Elizabeth B. Beltran, M.A. is a Member of the Instructional Leadership Corps; UCR Extension Instructor (CLAD and BILA Courses); Banning Unified School District TOSA for EL and DI Programs.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media