Early Childhod Burnout: Are You Pushing Your Child Too Hard?
|It’s stressful for children to meet our expectations when our expectations are far beyond their developmental readiness. So says Joan Almon, chairperson for the Alliance for Childhood. How can you avoid overpressuring your child and causing burnout and even “kindergarten rage?” Joan says the answer lies in play. Listen and learn why.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.0K 0
May 9, 2009 Parents Channel
Joan Almon is the chair of the U.S. Alliance for Childhood (www.allianceforchildhood.org), a broad-based group advocating social change for children to improve their overall health and well-being. The Alliance currently places a special focus on the restoration of creative play in the lives of children.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media