Early Childhod Burnout: Are You Pushing Your Child Too Hard?
|It’s stressful for children to meet our expectations when our expectations are far beyond their developmental readiness. So says Joan Almon, chairperson for the Alliance for Childhood. How can you avoid overpressuring your child and causing burnout and even “kindergarten rage?” Joan says the answer lies in play. Listen and learn why.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.0K 0
May 9, 2009 Parents Channel
Joan Almon is the chair of the U.S. Alliance for Childhood (www.allianceforchildhood.org), a broad-based group advocating social change for children to improve their overall health and well-being. The Alliance currently places a special focus on the restoration of creative play in the lives of children.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
- Bargaining For Common Good: Chicago Teachers’ StrikeBy Rita WirtzOctober 28, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media