Engaging Students Through Competitions, Contests and Code
Vicki Davis with Anh Vo, Pat Yongpradit
In this segment we speak with an amazing educator who has inspired a love for computer science in his students through coding contests and competitions.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.0K 0
November 12, 2013 EdTech Radio
Anh Vo is student at Springbrook High School and a student of Mr Pat Yongpradit who created a game called Clean the Waste for the 2013 Kodu Cup contest, placing 3rd in the 13-18 age group. Pat Yongpradit is the Director of Education for Code.org. Throughout his career as a high school computer science teacher, he inspired students to create mobile games and apps for social causes, and was recognized as a Microsoft Worldwide Innovative Educator.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media