Engaging Students Through Competitions, Contests and Code
Vicki Davis with Anh Vo, Pat Yongpradit
In this segment we speak with an amazing educator who has inspired a love for computer science in his students through coding contests and competitions.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.0K 0
November 12, 2013 EdTech Radio
Anh Vo is student at Springbrook High School and a student of Mr Pat Yongpradit who created a game called Clean the Waste for the 2013 Kodu Cup contest, placing 3rd in the 13-18 age group. Pat Yongpradit is the Director of Education for Code.org. Throughout his career as a high school computer science teacher, he inspired students to create mobile games and apps for social causes, and was recognized as a Microsoft Worldwide Innovative Educator.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media