Engaging Students Through Competitions, Contests and Code
Vicki Davis with Anh Vo, Pat Yongpradit
In this segment we speak with an amazing educator who has inspired a love for computer science in his students through coding contests and competitions.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.7K 0
November 12, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Anh Vo is student at Springbrook High School and a student of Mr Pat Yongpradit who created a game called Clean the Waste for the 2013 Kodu Cup contest, placing 3rd in the 13-18 age group. Pat Yongpradit is the Director of Education for Code.org. Throughout his career as a high school computer science teacher, he inspired students to create mobile games and apps for social causes, and was recognized as a Microsoft Worldwide Innovative Educator.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
- Share! What Does It Really Mean?By Gail MultopJune 21, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media