Engaging Students Through Competitions, Contests and Code
Vicki Davis with Anh Vo, Pat Yongpradit
In this segment we speak with an amazing educator who has inspired a love for computer science in his students through coding contests and competitions.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.7K 0
November 12, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Anh Vo is student at Springbrook High School and a student of Mr Pat Yongpradit who created a game called Clean the Waste for the 2013 Kodu Cup contest, placing 3rd in the 13-18 age group. Pat Yongpradit is the Director of Education for Code.org. Throughout his career as a high school computer science teacher, he inspired students to create mobile games and apps for social causes, and was recognized as a Microsoft Worldwide Innovative Educator.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media