Examples of Treating Students Fairly Versus Treating Students Equally
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. Julia Cloat and Holly Spinelli
Join us as we try to better understand the difference between treating students fairly and treating students equally through practical examples of each.
Share 334 0
October 22, 2019 Classroom Q & A
Dr. Julia Cloat is President of Via Educational Consulting and an Adjunct Professor at Northern Illinois University. Julia spent over 25 years serving in Public School Districts in roles including Literacy Specialist, Instructional Coach, RtI/MTSS Coordinator, and Curriculum Director. Holly Spinelli is a students' rights activist with specific focuses in alternative, strengths-based pedagogical approaches where students' voices serve as the catalyst for their education. She is a New York public high school teacher, an adjunct instructor at SUNY Orange County Community College, and an active member of the NCTE's Committee Against Racism and Bias in the Teaching of English. Her teaching is centered in anti-racist, anti-bias, and anti-oppression facilitation.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media