Exploring the Differences Between Coaching and Traditional Professional Development
Nancy Blair with Shawn Thomas, Harvey Alvy and Jennifer Bearden
|Instructional coaching can be a superior means of professional development and support for teachers if the right conditions are present.
Ed Chat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 458 0
March 10, 2019 EdChat Radio
Shawn Thomas is in her 20th year of teaching in the largest county in Georgia. She has taught Kindergarten, Second and Third Grade, and ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) K-5. Jennifer Bearden is an elementary teacher and blogger in a suburb of St. Louis. She is a co-teacher of first graders and focus on incorporating play into everything. Nancy Blair is a middle school principal in Georgia. She previously served as a school improvement consultant. Harvey Alvy is Professor Emeritus at Eastern Washington University, where he received the Faculty Achievement Award for Teaching Excellence. His most recent book is Fighting for Change in Your School: How to Avoid Fads and Focus on Substance.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media