Finding Communities of Support for Special Needs Families
Sharon Plante withDeborah Lynam
Our guest has deep experience as a parent of two children with special needs. She eventually started a career in the field, working to build communities of support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
September 12, 2015 Special Education
Deborah Lynam is currently the Director of Community Engagement at Learning Ally and a member of NJ DOE’s State Special Education Advisory Council. She is an active participant in the growing network of statewide parent-led grassroots movements called Decoding Dyslexia. Two of her three children are dyslexic and receiving services through their local public school district.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media