Finding Communities of Support for Special Needs Families
Sharon Plante withDeborah Lynam
Our guest has deep experience as a parent of two children with special needs. She eventually started a career in the field, working to build communities of support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
September 12, 2015 Special Education
Deborah Lynam is currently the Director of Community Engagement at Learning Ally and a member of NJ DOE’s State Special Education Advisory Council. She is an active participant in the growing network of statewide parent-led grassroots movements called Decoding Dyslexia. Two of her three children are dyslexic and receiving services through their local public school district.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media