Finding Communities of Support for Special Needs Families
Sharon Plante withDeborah Lynam
Our guest has deep experience as a parent of two children with special needs. She eventually started a career in the field, working to build communities of support.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.8K 0
September 12, 2015 Special Education
Deborah Lynam is currently the Director of Community Engagement at Learning Ally and a member of NJ DOE’s State Special Education Advisory Council. She is an active participant in the growing network of statewide parent-led grassroots movements called Decoding Dyslexia. Two of her three children are dyslexic and receiving services through their local public school district.
More from Sharon Plante
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media