Five Steps to Stimulating Thoughtful Classroom Discussions
Rachael George with Jackie Acree Walsh and Beth Dankert Sattes
Our guests wrote an award-winning book on facilitating thoughtful,meaningful and engaging discussions among students. Join us to learn the fundamentals.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 18.6K 0
November 10, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Jackie Acree Walsh and Beth Dankert Sattes are co-authors of the award-winning book, Questioning for Classroom Discussion: Purposeful Speaking, Engaged Listening, Deep Thinking (ASCD). Walsh is an independent educational consultant and the lead consultant for the Alabama Best Practices Center. Sattes consults through her business, Enthused Learning, primarily in the area of effective questioning in K–12 classrooms. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media