Want to Tap Into Students’ Natural Curiosity? Do This…
Chaunte Garrett with Wendy Ostroff, Ph.D.
|The challenge of teaching is greatly reduced when we realize that learning naturally follows curiosity. Join us to discover how to tap into your students’ natural inclination to learn.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 17.3K 0
January 5, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Wendy Ostroff, PhD, is a developmental and cognitive psychologist and a professor at the Hutchins School of Liberal Studies at Sonoma State University. She is the author of two ASCD books: "Cultivating Curiosity in K–12 Classrooms: How to Promote and Sustain Deep Learning" and "Understanding How Young Children Learn: Bringing the Science of Child Development to the Classroom." Host Chaunte Garrett is the director of accountability for the Rowan-Salisbury school system in North Carolina, an education consultant, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media