Want to Tap Into Students’ Natural Curiosity? Do This…
Chaunte Garrett with Wendy Ostroff, Ph.D.
|The challenge of teaching is greatly reduced when we realize that learning naturally follows curiosity. Join us to discover how to tap into your students’ natural inclination to learn.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 17.3K 0
January 5, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Wendy Ostroff, PhD, is a developmental and cognitive psychologist and a professor at the Hutchins School of Liberal Studies at Sonoma State University. She is the author of two ASCD books: "Cultivating Curiosity in K–12 Classrooms: How to Promote and Sustain Deep Learning" and "Understanding How Young Children Learn: Bringing the Science of Child Development to the Classroom." Host Chaunte Garrett is the director of accountability for the Rowan-Salisbury school system in North Carolina, an education consultant, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media