Gamification: What Does It Take to Create Serious Games That Actually Result in Learning?
Vicki Davis with Verena Roberts, Lee Graham, Colin Osterhout
|Can games really drive authentic learning? What is required? How do multi-player games compare to single-player games as a teaching tool? Can authentic learning occur with fantasy-based games? These questions and more are discussed in this segment.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.4K 0
February 10, 2014 Every Classroom Matters
Verena Roberts is chief innovation officer with CANeLearn and won the 2013 iNACOL Award for Blended and Online Innovative Practice. Lee Graham is an associate professor at the University of Alaska Southeast. Colin Osterhout has been working as an information technology contractor for Alaska’s sole private non-profit educational resource center serving school districts around the state of Alaska.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media