Gamification: What Does It Take to Create Serious Games That Actually Result in Learning?
Vicki Davis with Verena Roberts, Lee Graham, Colin Osterhout
|Can games really drive authentic learning? What is required? How do multi-player games compare to single-player games as a teaching tool? Can authentic learning occur with fantasy-based games? These questions and more are discussed in this segment.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.4K 0
February 10, 2014 Every Classroom Matters
Verena Roberts is chief innovation officer with CANeLearn and won the 2013 iNACOL Award for Blended and Online Innovative Practice. Lee Graham is an associate professor at the University of Alaska Southeast. Colin Osterhout has been working as an information technology contractor for Alaska’s sole private non-profit educational resource center serving school districts around the state of Alaska.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media