Gays In Education: Don’t Ask Don’t Tell?
Jay Mathews, Aimee Gelnaw, Finn Laursen with Holly Ellisa Bruno
|Gay, lesbian, bisexual
and trans-gender educators are with us. Many have never heard this subject discussed openly…until now. Is don’t ask, don’t tell the education community’s unwritten policy on LGBT educators? What should it be? Listen to this thoughtful, provocative and insightful segment, with commentary by Jay Mathews of the Washington Post.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
MORE: Visit Holly Elissa Bruno’s Web Site
Share 690 0
May 8, 2009 Heart 2 Heart Conversations on Leadership
Jay Mathews is the education columnist of the Washington Post. He has been with the Post 39 years. Aimee Gelnaw is the Director of Education for GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network and works with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) families. Finn Laursen is Executive Director of Christian Educators Association International. CEAI is a professional association for Christian Educators in both the public and private schools.
More from Holly Elissa Bruno
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media