Gays in Education: Don’t Ask Don’t Tell?
Jay Mathews, Aimee Gelnaw, Finn Laursen with Holly Ellisa Bruno
|Gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans-gender educators are with us. Many have never heard this subject discussed openly…until now. Is don’t ask, don’t tell the education community’s unwritten policy on LGBT educators? What should it be? Listen to this thoughtful, provocative and insightful segment, with commentary by Jay Mathews of the Washington Post.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
MORE: Visit Holly Elissa Bruno’s Web Site
Share 6.5K 0
May 8, 2009 Directors and Administrators Channel
Jay Mathews is the education columnist of the Washington Post. He has been with the Post 39 years. Aimee Gelnaw is the Director of Education for GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network and works with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) families. Finn Laursen is Executive Director of Christian Educators Association International. CEAI is a professional association for Christian Educators in both the public and private schools.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media