GBL: Teaching with Alternative Reality
Matt Farber and Steve Isaacs withJohn Fallon
ARG is an acronym for alternate reality games. Learn how teachers are using this powerful gaming model to engage students in riveting learning experiences.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 2.1K 0
February 9, 2016 Game Based Learning
John Fallon is an Upper School English teacher at Fairfield Country Day School in Fairfield CT. He designs alternate reality games for his classroom and believes that game based learning is a crucial best practice for modern education. He also likes games. A lot. Steve Isaacs has been teaching game design and development at William Annin middle school in Basking Ridge, NJ and online for Virtual High School for years.He is the co-founder and moderator of the weekly #EdTechBridge chat and also a founding member of the games4ed initiative.
More from Matthew Farber
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
- Cultivating Aggression: Something We Should Never See on an Infant’s Daily ReportBy Debra PierceJuly 26, 2019
- 3 Tips For Making Your Next Conference Your Best YetBy Jon HarperJuly 22, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media