GBL: Teaching with Alternative Reality
Matt Farber and Steve Isaacs withJohn Fallon
ARG is an acronym for alternate reality games. Learn how teachers are using this powerful gaming model to engage students in riveting learning experiences.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 2.1K 0
February 9, 2016 Game Based Learning
John Fallon is an Upper School English teacher at Fairfield Country Day School in Fairfield CT. He designs alternate reality games for his classroom and believes that game based learning is a crucial best practice for modern education. He also likes games. A lot. Steve Isaacs has been teaching game design and development at William Annin middle school in Basking Ridge, NJ and online for Virtual High School for years.He is the co-founder and moderator of the weekly #EdTechBridge chat and also a founding member of the games4ed initiative.
More from M. Farber
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media