Getting Beyond Labeling Students Based on Deficits
Chaunte Garrett with Toby Karten
|Labeling students have both obvious and unintentional consequences. Our guest shares strategies for constructively building on the strengths of students with special needs.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.0K 0
October 23, 2017 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Toby Karten is the author of "Building on the Strengths of Students with Special Needs: How to Move Beyond Disability Labels in the Classroom" (ASCD). She is a staff developer, instructional coach, education consultant, and inclusion specialist whose ongoing professional goal is to help learners achieve successful inclusion experiences in school and life. Host Chaunte Garrett is the director of accountability for the Rowan-Salisbury school system in North Carolina, an education consultant, and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media