Getting Off the Clock: Moving from Time to Competency
Gary Abud, Steve Perkins with Fred Bramante and Joey Lee
Our guests are passionate about competency-based teaching. Listen in as our guests share how they shifted the focus to authentic learning.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.5K 0
October 21, 2016 Teachers of The Year Radio
Fred Bramante is the Past Chairman and longest serving member of the NH State Board of Education in state history. He led NH to becoming the first state to eliminate the Carnegie Unit and move to a competency-based system. Joey Lee is the Education Programs Manager at Education First (EF), a family-owned global education organization whose North American headquarters is in Cambridge, MA. He is the New Hampshire Department of Education’s 2014 Teacher of the Year.
More from Steve Perkins
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media