Getting Off the Clock: Moving from Time to Competency
Gary Abud, Steve Perkins with Fred Bramante and Joey Lee
Our guests are passionate about competency-based teaching. Listen in as our guests share how they shifted the focus to authentic learning.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.5K 0
October 21, 2016 Teachers of The Year Radio
Fred Bramante is the Past Chairman and longest serving member of the NH State Board of Education in state history. He led NH to becoming the first state to eliminate the Carnegie Unit and move to a competency-based system. Joey Lee is the Education Programs Manager at Education First (EF), a family-owned global education organization whose North American headquarters is in Cambridge, MA. He is the New Hampshire Department of Education’s 2014 Teacher of the Year.
More from Steve Perkins
Latest EDwords Articles
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media