Given the Opportunity, How Would You Redesign Classrooms and Schools?
Tom Whitby and Shawn Thomas with Rita Wirtz and Harvey Alvy
If you were given the ability to redefine and redesign classrooms, schools, and learning what would you do?
Share 55 0
November 26, 2019 EdChat Radio
Rita Wirtz has served as a Title I ESEA Program Evaluator in the California Penal System, Curriculum Consultant for Sacramento County Office of Education, School Principal, Reading Instructor, K-Adult Teacher, and Special Needs Educator. She has written a number of reading books for parents and teachers (including Reading Champs: Teaching Reading Made Easy and Stories from a Teacher’s Heart: Memories of Love, Life and Family. In addition, her blog on Bam! Radio’s Ed Words continues to bring fresh insights to the world of education and life. Harvey Alvy has served as a teacher, principal, and university professor, and was honored to be a National Distinguished Principal. He is the author of Fighting for Change in Your School: How to Avoid Fads and Focus on Substance, and co-author of Learning From Lincoln: Leadership Practices for School Success.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media