Grading the Administration’s Blueprint for Education
Richard Rothstein with host Dr. Gerald Tirozzi.
With the new administration we have a new blueprint for education. But our guest says that the new plan is even more unrealistic than the old plan. His comment on the plan’s proposal to replace principals at under performing schools is particularly troublesome. Listen in as Rothstein makes a compelling case for rethinking the new one.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Richard Rothstein is a research associate of the Economic Policy Institute. From 1999 to 2002 he was the national education columnist of The New York Times. He is the author of Class and Schools: Using Social, Economic and Educational Reform to Close the Black-White Achievement Gap (Teachers College Press 2004).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media