Grading the Administration’s Blueprint for Education
Richard Rothstein with host Dr. Gerald Tirozzi.
With the new administration we have a new blueprint for education. But our guest says that the new plan is even more unrealistic than the old plan. His comment on the plan’s proposal to replace principals at under performing schools is particularly troublesome. Listen in as Rothstein makes a compelling case for rethinking the new one.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Richard Rothstein is a research associate of the Economic Policy Institute. From 1999 to 2002 he was the national education columnist of The New York Times. He is the author of Class and Schools: Using Social, Economic and Educational Reform to Close the Black-White Achievement Gap (Teachers College Press 2004).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- UrgentBy Tim RamseyApril 6, 2020
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media