Has kindergarten become the new first grade?
Is Kindergarten the New First Grade?
Francie Alexander with host Rae Pica
|The standards are changing, but there is a right way and a wrong way to prepare your child for kindergarten. In this segment Francie Alexander debunks the myths, corrects popular misconceptions and shares insights and specific tips to help you get it right.Find ot what your child should really be doing by the time he or she gets to kindergarten.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 2, 2009 Parents Channel
Remove names - Francie Alexander is the Senior Vice President of Scholastic Education and Chief Academic Officer of Scholastic. A distinguished thought leader in education research and policy, curriculum development, and assessment practices, Ms. Alexander currently serves on the National Assessment Governing Board, which oversees the National Assessment of Educational Progress, widely known as The Nation’s Report Card.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media