Has kindergarten become the new first grade?
Is Kindergarten the New First Grade?
Francie Alexander with host Rae Pica
|The standards are changing, but there is a right way and a wrong way to prepare your child for kindergarten. In this segment Francie Alexander debunks the myths, corrects popular misconceptions and shares insights and specific tips to help you get it right.Find ot what your child should really be doing by the time he or she gets to kindergarten.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.2K 0
May 2, 2009 Parents Channel
Remove names - Francie Alexander is the Senior Vice President of Scholastic Education and Chief Academic Officer of Scholastic. A distinguished thought leader in education research and policy, curriculum development, and assessment practices, Ms. Alexander currently serves on the National Assessment Governing Board, which oversees the National Assessment of Educational Progress, widely known as The Nation’s Report Card.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media